CIVILIAN SCIENCE ANALYST
Starbase 118 Character.
This article is both a bio for the character, but most importantly, it’s me explaining why the character is the way she is.
Also, I wanted to play around and experiment with WordPress’s Blocks a bit. So yes, this is stuff aimed at businesses being repurposed.
Without further ado, first let’s get to the character’s bio, then my thoughts on it.
“To know who you are and what you are made for absolutely is a curse; growth happens in the discovery of possibilities.”
– Attr. to Sage of the Unknown, Kakafian school of philosophy, ~3rd century CE Terra equiv.
- First activation: 239209.20; deactivation 239211.01; Second reactivation: 239911.01
- Black/Red/Violet hair parted+long; 157cm (approx 5′ 2″), 64 kg (141.09lb)
- Soji-style synth/core AI personality matrix transfer from a Soong-type.
- Standing 5’11, Nadeshiko wears a red and black outfit that extends to mesh beyond short sleeves, a black collar, and a long gothic dress. She almost always wears makeup, including black lipstick.
Nadeshiko is a reserved person in behavior, but has a distinctive makeup and dress style. Unlike most, she has a very muted emotional response and will often miss jokes and other references. While this marks her as an outlier for other Coppelius androids, cyberneticists suspect that it was her pre-existing personality matrix that allowed her to activate successfully.
Nadeshiko is also sometimes directly unafraid of danger, but very reserved in personal connections, and seems to be politely uninterested half of the time.
However, she is also deeply conflicted about who and what she is. While she knows what she was built for, this is her second body, and is keenly aware that forces well beyond her control can dictate her possible deactivation and destruction.
SD 239209.20 – 239211.20
Served onboard as a civilian analyst.
SD 239211.20 – 239912.01
In Deep Storage
SD 239912.01 – ongoing
The concept behind Nadeshiko comes from both an idea Rich had, and me thinking about how to square the circle of Picard S1 making all synth live verboten. (For some reason…) with her previous activation, and the thought it’d bring on a self-crisis drove the development.
An AI image generator quirk drove the makeup but I quite like it ,and I think it’d fit with the character.
Images not attributed generated via Stable Diffusion 1.5. Character is for a ST roleplay.
Content on here is CC-BY-SA.
– The guy holding a pad is a stock image from wordpress
– The tigerplushie icon is a lightly edited image from a store listing, although the product appears to be gone now. in ictu oculi, I guess.
– Luna class from Starbase 118 (Light Works)
– Amity Outpost from Starbase 118
– Server room image by wirestock on Freepik
A tigerplushie who writes for fun. Probably.